Friday, March 6, 2009

When in a rut, go buy more raw materials?

So, after talking to my advisor, I went back to get more sweaters. Now that I have a color palette, I am a bit better at only getting pieces that really do work for my project. I also branched out a bit more in terms of construction, as I now will not necessarily be taking every single part of each one apart. Today, I played around with different draping ideas. I wasn't brave enough to experiment cutting them up yet, but that will be happening soon!

Here are some ideas:


Imagine these two images as one



Power of photoshop!



This is utilizing a cardigan I had, using one of the sleeves as a gigantic kangaroo style pocket in front. I tacked on a sleeve just to look at it.



I don't know about this color combo yet, but that is a poncho made for a 4 year old.



This is a normal cardigan I put on upside-down. Now, it has a hood and optional collar.

I'm off to New York tomorrow because I was offered a spare seat on a bus for another department's field trip. I'm excited to look and touch inspiring stuff.

No comments: