Sunday, March 8, 2009

Make Friends with the Bargain Loft Lady

Today, I went to Lorraine's, the local fabric store that has a $1.99/yd Bargain Loft that is constantly raided by risd kids. I went in search of bias tape or something to use on my cut and sew seams as I am now interested in attaching pieces of previously knit fabrics to new fabrics I would make on the knitting machine. Well, at Lorriane's, I chatted with the Bargain Loft Lady, who told me about this amazing stuff that is like bias tap but for use on spandex and swimsuits. Better yet, there was a roll in the bargain loft for 20 cents a yard. Among with some other tests, I snatched some of that up and went to testing on some knit pieces I had made to test inks, but no longer needed. Basically, Bargain Loft Lady saved my day and has put new life into my project. Beyond being awesomely stretchy and cheap, the stretchy bias tape take heat transfer dye really well AND is relatively easy to hook onto the knitting machine to attach new pieces with. Here are some samples I did of attaching the tape to a cut knit piece and then adding a newly knit piece on. I went back the next day and bought another 12 yards of this stuff!


No comments: