Monday, March 2, 2009

Picking my Palette

Seeing as I am planning to do a lot of dyeing and the base colors of my garments are fairly neutral, I needed a good source for my color palette. I was watching West Side Story at a friends house, and we were all crazy about the colors in the movie. I wanted to pick a movie made in the same general time frame because I wanted it to have been similarly processed. I googled for a while, trying to think of a movie that I thought thematically worked, but also one I would enjoy watching, because I needed to watch it several times. Anyways, I picked a movie, watched it several times, and printed a gigantic poster of screenshots I took of all the times I was interested in the color, or the shape of an outfit someone was wearing. Hopefully, the movie looks familiar.



Then, I looked at my poster and pinpointed the colors which I really felt were important for the movie. I narrowed in on 9 colors, and thus is my color palette.

No comments: