Thursday, February 26, 2009

Moonlighting as a Mad Scientist

Today, I Dyed. Not even actually, I mixed dye until I simply couldn't anymore. There was way too much I needed to mix.


My cliff-notes version of ratios for mixing different types of dyes



Organizing labeling jars and ready to start mixing



Everything mixed and stored away


The best part about today was the fact that I spent 5 straight hours in the dye lab and didn't get one single headache or even feel faint! This used to happen after less than an hour. But now, I have a fancy respirator than keeps me toxin free. It is also really attractive. Also, you can see where the dye crept up into my gloves:




I also realized after taking the above picture that I forgot to put my favorite thing in the picture of mixed potions. Urea Water! The bin for Urea in the Dya Lab says "Urea: Use Gloves" which, after the teacher explained where the Urea came from, has probably been the most heeded warning in the whole building.

No comments: