Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The First Sleeve

I saw this sweater, and immediately thought it would be swell if the front portion could become a sleeve. Shape-wise, it reminded me of a sleeve pattern only with the seam running down the outer edge instead of inside.

So here is the sweater:


I was waiting around until I had solidified my heat transfer colors, Basically, as I explained before, the color of heat transfer dyes as you paint them on your transferring paper is in no way indicative of the end color, so I did loads of testing and loads of combinations and came up with three dye color ratios that produce colors that work in my color range. Here is my desk during this crazy adventure:


So, once I got a color I was happy with, I made this sleeve. The yellow/ orange band is the stretchy bias tape heat transfered with dye:

No comments: