Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lots of work I failed to post.

This is a piece I worked on last week, but didn't write about because I got blog-lazy.



I got this sweater and really liked the structural pattern, but I thought it was a bit too subtle, so I decided to add pigment to it, hoping that I would be able to just get the raised layer, and thus, bring out the structural pattern.


I played around with different ways to quickly change the drape and add more definition to the waist.


I cut off one of the sleeves and played around with the printing. My goal was to try and get only the protruding parts of the fabric. It took a bit of improvising, but I figured out a method that worked somewhat consistently. The last test is the upper left corner.


A few days later, I finally had the guts to just sit down and work on the actual piece. I had to take the whole garment apart in order to lay the pieces down to print on them.


Here is the piece as it stands. After printing, I had to hand steam each section for 15 min, hand wash 3 times, and sew it back together.

I'm definitely not done with this one yet.

No comments: