Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Politics of Textile Silkscreens

Nothing that I have worked on the past two days looks too exciting. I got the photo shoot pictures printed via adoramapix, which was a great experience and I'll be getting more from them soon. Today, I spent hours searching for my long lost silkscreen. Each textiles major gets a gigantic silkscreen sophomore year. However, no matter how many times you write your name all over it, it's inevitable that if you don't use it, someone else will. Well, last year I lent it to my then senior, now graduated friend, who needed an extra screen. It took me a while to find it, but after tearing off enough layers of tape, I found my name where I wrote it so long ago. I also scurried around & found several screens that belonged to another now graduated kid, so I have a small family of screens to use for the semester. That senior was really mean and obnoxious, so it felt really good to wash out her screens. Tee hee

No comments: