Friday, February 20, 2009

Finishing Week 1

I managed to sort through tons of new runway stuff and have really narrowed in on several designers that I want to look at for this project. It's really hard to find designers who specialize in taking big risks in knitting, but Sonia Rykiel can do no wrong. Her latest collection was inspired from a road trip she took from new Mexico to California, and it's beautiful. I also found interesting stuff in Tory Burch and Tuleh's new shows. I put the looks I liked, along with notes about why, which is really crucial actually, in my notebook to show Liz at our first meeting on Monday. Here are the pages I made:



Then I started thinking about the process I was going to use on several of the sweaters that I have. Two of the sweaters are one solid color, but were chosen because they have interesting texture. I've decided to create a pattern through systematically dyeing the pre-existing garments. The below illustrations are supposed to show my proposed dye patterns. The pictures afterwards are close-ups of the two sweaters in question:





Hey, so, if you can't tell, I'm looking into using some form of gold leafing agent on the second sketch. Since then, my mind has been on gold leaf solely. learning about all the forms of application.

No comments: