Sunday, April 26, 2009

Show Promos: Knit Posters

Way back when, I posted a knit poster I had made, that had taken entirely too long to create in bulk. Well, our end design turned out really successful. Basically, I designed punchcards for each of the 4 sections of text. Then my team of knitters, actually 90% Emily in knitting monitor-mode, knit away long bands of each punchcard in different color combinations. I then washed the long blanket-like pieces, and sewed 2 rows of zigzag stitch between each portion of knitted text and cut the different sections apart from one another. A tag-team effort at the linking machine meant Emily and I were able to get all the posters finished just in time. We were aiming for 20 posters, but we ended up with 26! That's amazing! We even had a spare date portion to sew over the larger poster that had been knit with the wrong date. Anyways, I put them all up in our studio to get the other kids excited about our show and to take a picture of them all before they were put up, and inevitably stolen.


Before these pieces were reattached to the rest of their posters. I just thought this would be an awesome picture for the Textiles portion of the school's look book (instead of the random stuff they have had the past few years)



No comments: